We’re sorry to announce that Inky Path is now discontinued. We are no longer accepting submissions.
You can read our farewell statement here.
What is interactive fiction?
Interactive fiction consists stories, poems, epics, or multimedia medleys where the reader gets to choose the path of the narrative. Traditional IF includes choose-your-own-adventure stories, parser-based fiction, and hypertext fiction. Don’t know if your work falls under this category? That’s okay, just send it along to us and we’ll check it out. Don’t have any idea what we’re talking about? That’s alright, we’ve got you covered.
What are we looking for?
Bring us your hyperlink fiction, your parser-based games, your funky interactive art. We want interactive fiction that draws readers in, captivates their attention, maybe even teaches something. We’re looking for stories that push interactivity to its limits. Stories should not be afraid to ask the reader to make some tough decisions. It should not be afraid to let the reader laugh a little, either.
- We accept submissions year-round. We’re a quarterly publication and release at the end of February, May, August, and November.
- We accept previously published work. Our goal is to get your work to as many places as possible.
- We accept multiple submissions at once. The more the merrier!
- We accept chapters, excerpts, etc. Just indicate this when you send it along.
- Work must be playable online in the final publication. We are willing to host files if that is necessary, just let us know.
- We ask for Internet Rights–basically the right to publish this piece online. All rights revert back to the author.
Ready to submit? Send your work along with a short bio to inkypath[AT]gmail.com with the subject line “Sub: [Title of piece]” and we’ll get back to you soon. As part of our effort to help authors develop and strengthen the IF community, we’ll also be getting you comments from some of our editors.
Blog Submission Guidelines
We’d love to share your work! Again, we accept previously published work. Send along your blog post (attached as a .doc, .docx, .rtf or a link) as well as a short bio to inkypath[AT]gmail.com with the subject line “Blog: [Title of piece].”
8 thoughts on “Submissions”
Which languages are allowed? Only english?
For pieces in languages other than English, we ask that you provide an English translation.